Push start your career in sport, fitness and recreation. Participate in practical sporting activities. Manage your own personal fitness. Set goals, learn about your body type, what foods you should eat, healthy lifestyles and what you need to reach your goals and full potential. Compete in local sports events.
Computing included on all courses. You can participate in activities such as cooking, sport and cultural learning. Prepare a CV and gain job seeking skills such as preparing for an interview. Gym on site to help you improve your health for the workplace. Gain your learner licence.
- Other youth training programmes at Matapuna Training Centre
- Services Course at Turanga Ararau or Te Wananga o Aotearoa
- Level 2 or 3 national certificate in sport, recreation or adventure tourism with EIT Tairawhiti or Turanga Ararau
- Certificate in Health and Fitness Level 4, Certificate in Sport and Health Massage Level 4 EIT Tairawhiti
Qualifications you can work towards or gain on this course include:
- Sport, Coaching, Adventure Tourism, Armed Services, NZ Police
Tutor: Simone Poi BLS, PGDip SpLs